Monday 12 November 2007

This is Monday

Well the weekend has been and gone and this morning has been and gone and thank goodness for that.

I finished the Stephen Booth book - very formulaic in the end but a reasonable read - If you like his other work then this one will be no surprise. Started in on "Tricks of the mind" Derren Brown. I took my 14yo son to see Derren earlier in the year - it is a show that does not dissapoint. He is an excellent performer both live and on TV. His book is a bit of an insight into how he uses his mind. So far it is much of a recap of things I already thought I knew but the "peg" system for remembering numbers looks to have much promise for me. If I was asked how I remember things - and I do hold a lot in my memory, I would say that it was by association but that I dont really know as it just comes naturally..

Anyhow - watched a really good film - Babel - a real "must see". I did feel however that the story could have been deepened and the production spread over 2 films. Gripping to the end but not an easy watch.

Making the family Christmas card at the moment - appears to be going well but there is much to do. We shall see how the job progresses through this week.

No comments: