Friday 7 December 2007

Still here

I write again… The Confusion is proving a slow read but I am in the last section of the book now and I believe I can see a way to the conclusion of the trilogy. Cold Granite by MacBride is shaping up as a good police procedural and although nothing special is certainly an easy bed-time read.

Heroes… Well I predicted how it would end – a tad twee I thought but nonetheless suitably tied up and rounded off. It has been an excellent series, very well put together and I would look forward to buying that on Blu-ray in the New Year as it will be fantastic in HD.

The computers have been SNAFU all day – the computer engineer came this morning – a mere 20 hours after the call was logged (this on a 4hr service package). He messed around for 4 hours and then when his part finally turned up it was for a MAC and not a UNIX machine. We now have no computer system at all and they are supposedly coming back tomorrow to fit the correct part (if it arrives).

Fortunately the work has been quiet today and we have not had too much to cause a major challenge to the system. I am still here til 8PM though.


Friday 7th Dec – computers fixed now and the guy also sorted a minor driver issue on another machine so we cant complain too much!

The Confusion still continues and I am now on page 725 so concluding soon and I can get onto the 3rd book – perhaps if I spent less time on the internet and more on reading it would get finished sooner – thinks…

On call all weekend – hope its not too bad – should be able to get out to the gym though – also might start thinking of the dreaded C word (Christmas). Cake was made last weekend so decoration at some point in the next 2 weeks.

They say that it takes 21days for a habit to be ingrained - this blogging thing has yet to get to that stage and I dont know if I can keep it up - I really only wanted it to be a way of keeping track of the books that I had read and the films I have watched. In the meantime I discovered Facebook and I think I may be developing a slight addiction..

No comments: