Saturday 5 January 2008

too long since last post

Well. Its has been a long time – almost a month – still not totally into the habit of social networking and blogging. It has been a busy time so that might explain some of the slow progress.

I finished the Confusion in the week before Christmas; although it is not a final ending, and I am still completely clueless as to how this extremely large story will conclude. I have started the System of The World and I will keep myself updated with the progress – I don’t actually believe anyone else reads this – it is merely there so I can keep a track on my life..

I also finished “Cold Granite”. That was quite good and I am looking forward to the next one. I have since started and got almost half way through Robert Goddard’s “Name to a Face”. This is typical RG fare with a hapless protagonist finding himself in a series of improbable situations and I am sure it will all be sorted in the end. Quite good.

Back at work after Christmas period,; although I never was away fully really. Christmas was … different… this year. A trip to Lincolnshire for Xmas day was actually quite good. We saw all Debi’s side of the family and enjoyed her mum’s hospitality. The late night drive back to the Lakes was tiring but at least we got back so we could spend Boxing Day with my family.

Boxing day went quietly as well; Nanna failed to say anything outrageous and there were no major rows.

The real interest happened later in the week

A “dinner party”, Oh how the fuck I hate that phrase, with some interesting topics of conversation but when they are being discussed with someone who has all the intellectual capability of a fruit fly, it is well… interesting. If my family happen to read this it is nothing to do with them. Anyone who still thinks docking of dog’s tails is a reasonable process, is a (fill in your own perjorative term).

This is taking so long to post that I have managed to finish the Robert Goddard – a good book all in all and based on a not too far fetched premise. Very typical of his work but good nonetheless. The only question is .. which book next??

This post has taken too long – I am now reading “The 13 ½ lives of captain Bluebear” – very strange but quite compelling – a sort of word cartoon – don’t know where it will end up, I’ll keep myself informed.



No comments: