Saturday 24 January 2009

warning: ill tempered ramblings

As I said, right at the beginning, this (blog) was started to record the minutiae of my life, and was intended as a way for me to keep a record of these events in the very likely event that I go nuts and lose the ability to think. Facebook took over a bit, especially for the books, but there is still a place for my musings. I dont expect anyone to agree with me and I may change my mind next week but a least it will give me an idea of what was exercising my brain at the time it was posted. It has been very sporadic, but that is just because I rarely remember to keep it up. The following is very typical and although intemperate, is currently representative. I really do need to get out more...

A Storm is brewing over the showing of the anti-Muslim film “Fitna” by Geert Wilders http://www.mediawatchwatch.org.uk/. This site is very useful for pointing out what is happening and it always pays to be aware of the atheist / humanist fools, as much as it does to be aware of the fundies.

Maybe this makes me a sit-on-the-fence neither-here-nor-there person without a definitive view but I don’t really care as I think it might just give me a more balanced viewpoint. I would not like to be packaged to any of the narrow-minded bigot groups and I would resent the limited philosophical outlook this would allow me to have.

Here: http://ifyoulikeitsomuchwhydontyougolivethere.com/, you can see what happens when opinions are allowed to run freely. The site points out the loonies who frequent the BBCs Have-Your-Say website – it is truly amusing and quite worrying in equal parts. This: http://ifyoulikeitsomuchwhydontyougolivethere.com/the-twat-o-tron/, can provide almost endless amusement.

Back to the point in a round about sort of way and bringing together the above. The MWW website is attracting comments about the cancelled showing of “Fitna” and I can only conclude that they are reaching the depths previously only attained by posters to "Have-Your-Say". You can easily see this happening here: http://www.mediawatchwatch.org.uk/2009/01/23/house-of-lords-fitna-show-cancelled/#comments

I fail to understand why such vitriol is required by "atheists/humanists", or anyone for that matter, in order to make their point, they just look a "bit stupid".

No comments: